This guide will show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Light Android phone.
Digital Endpoint is not responsible for rooting the Android device in any way. Before performing any of these steps make sure you back up your Android device completely.
What is needed to root the Samsung Galaxy Light?
In order to root the Samsung Galaxy Light you will need the following.
- The Samsung Galaxy Light you wish to root
- A PC
Step 1 – Enable USB debugging on the Samsung Galaxy Light
In order for your PC to recognise the Samsung Galaxy Light when you plug it in to perform rooting you must first enable USB debugging on the phone itself. This is done by doing the following.
- Tap the Settings option.
- Tap the About Phone option.
- Keep tapping the Build Number option (seven times) until it says you are a developer.
- Tap the new Developer Options menu that appears.
- Make sure that the USB Debugging option is checked.
Step 2 – Download Odin to your PC
Rooting this device involves flashing a custom recovery to it first. To do this you must first download Odin which you can get from here.
Once you have downloaded it save it to an easy to find location on your PC, such as the desktop and extract it to its own folder.
Step 3 – Download TWRP recovery
In order to install SuperSU and root the phone you must first install the popular TWRP recovery environment. You can download it from here.
Once it has been downloaded save it to an easy to find location on your PC, such as the desktop and extract it to its own folder.
Step 4 – Download SuperSU
Download the SuperSU zip file from here.
Once you have downloaded it save it to an easy to find location on your PC, such as the desktop but do not extract it.
Once you have done that connect your device to your PC and copy the SuperSU zip file you just downloaded to an easy to find location on the device such as the Downloads folder.
Disconnect your device from your computer once done.
Step 5 – Root the Samsung Galaxy Light
Now that you have downloaded Odin and the custom recovery and copied the SuperSU zip file to the device it is time to root the device.
You must first put the Samsung Galaxy Light in to Download mode which can be done using the following steps.
- Make sure the Samsung Galaxy Light is powered off completely.
- Hold down the Volume down key and the Home key and the power button and keep all three buttons pressed until the Samsung Galaxy Light powers up.
- Providing you have done it correctly it should boot in to Download mode and you press the Volume up key to start Download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Light now to your PC.
- Run the Odin software you downloaded in step 2.
- Inside Odin click the AP option and browse on your computer to the recovery file (.md5 file) you downloaded in step 3.
- Inside Odin click Start to begin the root process.
Step 6 – Install SuperSU
Once TWRP has been flashed to the Samsung Galaxy Light restart the phone and disconnect the device from your computer.
You now need to boot the phone in to recovery mode.
Make sure the Samsung Galaxy Light is powered off completely.
Hold down the volume down button and the power button.
The Samsung Galaxy Light will boot in to recovery mode (TWRP).
Select the ‘Install zip from SD card’ option and browse to the SuperSU zip file you placed on the SD card of the phone.
Flash the zip file to the phone.
Once done restart the phone.
You will now see the SuperSU icon on the phone meaning that you have successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Light.
If you would like to discuss this article in our forums please visit Rooting guides help and discussions